And Another Thing...

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pink & Blue


Pomeroy, IA
7/4/2012
Posted by Pics of My Stuff at 1:13 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: bar, door, Front Entrance of Decrepit Business, northern plains road trip, sign
Location: Pomeroy, IA 50575, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Follow @cuzzintodd

Links

  • Pics of My Stuff
  • Flickr Photostream

Most Viewed This Month

  • Harbach & Sons Co.
    Taken 6/16/2013 Des Moines, IA Just south of MLK on 5th, the Harbach & Sons Co. Factory building. What they made, I don't kno...
  • Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip '013 Eve
    Tomorrow morning, bright and early (well, early anyway) I take off for Seattle, Washington to start my vacation. I'm roadtripping it ...
  • Gents Furnishings
    Des Moines, IA Corner of Keo Way & 12th 10/9/2011 Spotted this left over painted sign along Keo. Across from the Greyhound stati...
  • Day 5: Sea Lions, Redwoods and Bears (Oh My!)
    "Must Go Faster" Unfortunately, Prehistoric Gardens was opened yet when I arrived. By "arrived" I mean "pulled ov...
  • End of Day 1: Sunset Over Puget Sound
    With Day 1 coming to a close (even if it wasn't even 6:00PM yet, I was exhausted) I headed to hop on the Bainbridge Island ferry. I...
  • Cola Wars
    Taken 6/8/2013 Ottumwa, IA
  • Day 8: Welcome to the OC
    Oxnard & Malibu The day started by heading south out of Santa Barbara. Highway 1 split off from being conjoined with the 101 in Oxnar...
  • McKLVEEN LUMBER
    7/14/2013 Prairie City, IA
  • Bull Durham Smoking Tobacco
    7/14/2013 Colfax, IA As mentioned in The Rusty Door , I was in Colfax attempting to photograph this Bull Durham Smoking Tobacco si...
  • Day 6: Lumberjacks, Giants and a LOT Of Swearing
    I'm A Lumberjack And I'm OK The Somoa Cookhouse was fairly quiet on a Wednesday morning. The restaurant serves its meals lumberja...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (1)
  • ▼  2013 (61)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ▼  May (5)
      • Hub City Machine Works
      • Pink & Blue
      • ouse of Glass
      • Gray Door
      • Keep Your Livestock Healthy
  • ►  2012 (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  July (1)
  • ►  2011 (5)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  July (4)
  • ►  2009 (3)
    • ►  June (3)
  • ►  2008 (3)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (2)

Tags

bar (2) Barn (2) Beach (1) blue skies (3) Bowling Alley (2) Bridge (2) California (7) cemetery (4) Court Avenue (3) Donuts (2) door (15) Downtown Des Moines (8) Factory (2) Food (1) Front Entrance of Decrepit Business (6) Hotel (1) Jordan (2) landscape (1) Mom & Dad (2) Neon (2) New Jersey (2) northern plains road trip (10) Oregon (4) painted brick (10) Painting Building (2) PCHRT'013 (14) Portrait (5) sign (23) South Dakota (2) sunset (1) Travelogue (8) Vehicle (1) Washington (7) water tower (3) Window (2)

When I grow up...

Go ask any kid you know what they want to be when they grow up. You'll get all kinds of answers - a fireman. A dancer. A singer. A football player. A movie star. A scientist. On and on. One answer you aren't likely to get? A loan adminstration manager in the short sale settlement department of a major mortgage bank. And yet here I am.

Don't get me wrong. The job is fine. (I never really had the legs to be a dancer anyway.) But there's just nothing... creative about it. That's something that's been missing for me for awhile. A creative outlet.

The obvious solution to this: buy a camera. So I did. I'll be posting the results of this experiment. I'm hoping photographing will give me the creative outlet I've been craving. Let me use the other side of my brain. I'm also hoping I won't completely suck at it.

Followers

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.